[Athen] Listening to PDF files on iPad and iPhone

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Thu Mar 3 00:46:13 PST 2011

Another means of converting PDFs to ePub (for Mac users): copy and paste the text into iWork Pages, then export that text using Pages' File > Export > ePub function. Once transferred, the document now opens as a Book (not a PDF) in iBooks and works with the iPad's VoiceOver.

You can also convert Bookshare DAISY books this way: take the .xml file from the DAISY book folder, make a copy (to play it safe) and change the copy's extension to .html. Then open that in a browser, copy the formatted text into Pages, and export.

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant
www.TechPotential.net