[Athen] Transferring Dragon files

Susanne Mistric svmistric at waketech.edu
Tue May 10 05:43:50 PDT 2011

Although I believe that the best case scenario for optimum accuracy
would be to retrain Dragon in the new OS environment, I have a colleague
who did save and transfer her Dragon 10.1 Preferred voice files with
better than I expected results just last week. That said, I have
personally found that the capabilities with voice recognition in the
Windows 7 64 bit environment are so much better across the board than
Vista or XP, I'd suggest starting fresh. I think it will be worth the
time and effort. If you have the time, that is! Dragon is definitely a
faculty favorite accessible course content creation time saver on our
campus.

Happy Dragon Training!

Susanne Van Dorpe Mistric

Blackboard Student Support
Accessibility Evangelist/Trainer
Distance Education Support Department
Academic Support Division
Wake Technical Community College
Main Campus LE37A

svmistric at waketech.edu
(919)866-5631

"...Information and knowledge based in electrons presents a universe we
have never known before. Knowledge freed of the anchor of the atom is on
a par with language acquisition in terms of altering human
possibilities."
Trent Batson
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
Helen Keller

“The power of the web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
Sir Tim Berners-Lee

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties
by an authorized state official (NCGS. ch. 132). Student educational
records are subject to FERPA.