[Athen] Accessibility/usability of Science Direct

Rangin, Hadi Bargi hadi at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 14 10:56:06 PST 2011

Hello Athen Pro friends and colleagues,

We have been working with Elsevier, one of the largest electronic journal publishing company for number of years on improving accessibility of their products.
Recently we worked on a new product called Article of the Future to be released this December and we are now in the process of redesigning Science Direct, a product that most of our institutions are using.

Elsevier would like to reach out more higher ed institutions and users with disabilities to participate in the new design. I would like to invite all the interested individuals who believe on accessible design to this collaboration group. The collaboration would require signing an NDA with Elsevier and participation at least in the bi-weekly online meeting.

If you are interested to shape the accessibility/usability of Science Direct or other Elsevier product, please let me know.

Thanks,
Hadi