[Athen] Ipad lecture/conference session recording

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:08:32 PDT 2011

Hi Gerry,

I've been using Evernote on my iPad, Droid phone, and computers. It
has a built-in recording feature that I've used on the iPad. I like
the app quite a bit. I have tried it in staff meetings and it collects
audio in a small group setting just fine.

The limiting factor is the microphone sensitivity and location on the
device. It does work, but unless speakers are very close to the mic
(within six feet or so), or amplified, the mic will have a problem
capturing useful audio.

That's a limitation of the hardware and I don't think there's any way
to hook an external mic to an iPad other than bluetooth and I haven't
tried one of those.

-*- Dan