[Athen] Using HD webcam as portable magnifier?

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:24:36 PDT 2012

LVI has a version of the Magnilink camera that works on Mac. Not as
discreet as a webcam and is much more expensive. It has a slimmer
profile and is looks cooler than some of the other cameras. Plus it
has the added feature of working incredibly well. Some students find
that to be less important than how it looks.
Years ago I had a friend that hooked up his digital camera with an
optical zoom to his laptop and streamed the video so that I could see
controls on some harware we were working on. He was using a digital
SLR camera that was expensive but If someone knows of a cheaper
ditital camera that can stream video through USB that would probably
do what you want. If they need inverse contrast that might present a
slight problem.
Jeff