[Athen] Anyone have experience with the Index Braille Box V4 Embosser?

Brian Richwine blrichwine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:46:53 PDT 2012

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the Braille Box V4 Embosser by Index
Braille, or an earlier model of the Braille Box embosser?

We have quite a bit of experience using the Juliet Pro 60 braille embosser
and using tractor feed paper. We need to setup another embosser at a
different location, and are faced with having to purchase/build a special
sound enclosure to keep the noise level civil to those around it. We are
curious about the Braille Box V4 embosser because it claims to be quiet
which may offset the unit's higher cost by keeping our sound enclosure
needs lower. Also the single sheet paper feeder is interesting. However,
we've been told Index Braille embossers are known for having frequent paper
jams.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone really knows whether paper jams are
really/still a problem with Index Braille embossers and particularly with
this unit. Also, does anyone know what it is like to live around a Braille
Box embosser (in terms of noise level)?

Thanks for any feedback!
Brian Richwine

*Brian Richwine*

UITS Adaptive Technology and Accessibility Centers

Indiana University – Bloomington / Indianapolis

http://iuadapts.indiana.edu

(812) 856-2757 [Direct Line]

(812) 856-4112 [Office Number]

(812) 650-2897 [Cell]

brichwin at indiana.edu

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*

This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information.

* *

If you are not the intended recipient you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or
disseminate this information. Please contact the sender by reply email
immediately and destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments. Even if you are an intended recipient of this email, the
author requests that you not forward it to any other person without prior
consent.