[Athen] Looking for blind developers to participate in a study (phone/Skype interview)

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 10 10:10:29 PST 2012

Hi All,

One of our Computer Science students at NC State is conducting a study
and is looking for participants. If you or someone you know is
interested please contact Sean directly at spmealin at ncsu.edu.

Thanks.

Greg

--
Greg Kraus
University IT Accessibility Coordinator
greg_kraus at ncsu.edu

[Begin forwarded message]

Hi all,

My name is Sean Mealin. I am a completely blind student in the
Computer Science Department at North Carolina State University. I am
collaborating with Dr. Emerson Murphy-Hill
(http://people.engr.ncsu.edu/ermurph3/) on a study of the unique
challenges and opportunities faced by legally blind software
developers. Our goals are to understand:
- What tools are useful to the blind developer and why?
- What roles do blind developers play in the software development process?
- What challenges are faced by the blind developer, and how are they overcome?
- What unique perspectives/skills do blind developers contribute?

We are seeking legally blind developers who develop software (in any
capacity, such as programming, testing, or project management) for at
least 20 hours per week. This study will consist of a simple
interview over the phone or Skype that will take place sometime over
the next two to three weeks.

If you are interested, or would like more information, please let me
know. You can email me at spmealin at ncsu.edu.

Please feel free to distribute this email to any blind developer who
you think may be interested.

Thank you

Sean Mealin

spmealin at ncsu.edu