[Athen] Accessible Document Design Using Word 2010 - new book

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Tue Feb 14 03:48:24 PST 2012

Hi Everyone:

I've written a new book! Please share this with anyone who might be
interested!

Accessible Document Design Using Word 2010

ISBN: 978-0-9868085-1-7

Price: $75.00 USD

Format: Tagged PDF with ability to print.

This book represents my first attempt at an interactive book that includes
demonstration videos. Currently I cannot find a way to make the videos
easily discoverable if you are using a screen reader or the keyboard. Note
that this means that this book does have some inaccessible content if you
are using a screen reader and/or a keyboard. I have written a blog about my
frustration in trying to create an accessible interactive PDF book.

This book is an overview of what is covered in an on-site workshop. It
combines information from the "Logical Document Structure Handbook: Word
2010" and "Accessible and Usable PDF Documents: Techniques for Document
Authors Third Edition" books. The content of the books is supplemented by
the addition of instructional videos for many of the topics.

The book is 130 pages and includes approximately 40 videos. Due to the
videos, the file size is around 365MB.

You can purchase the book and other books by Karen McCall online from Aroga:
http://vision-limited.myshopify.com/collections/books

Cheers, Karen