[Athen] math speak for MAC

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Wed Jan 18 14:43:11 PST 2012

Hi Wink and Teresa,
We too are finding that MathType w/MS Word 2010 for Windows works well to
output MathML which a student can access with a PC using Internet Explorer
w/the MathPlayer plug-in.

I don't know of an equivalent solution for the Mac unfortunately. But I
have another question.

Can math in a Word document be made accessible, say if you have an online
assignment you want the student to work on and turn in? Is our only option
to making online math documents accessible, to make them into a MathML web
pages?

I understand that PDFs with math cannot be made accessible. But can a MS
Word document w/math equations be made accessible without turning it into a
web page?

Thanks,
Karen

--
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses