[Athen] RE: Mediasite 6.0 Lecture Capture Accessibility

Paul E. Paire paire at temple.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:03:07 PDT 2012

I'm sure you've hit their knowledgebase https://support.sonicfoundry.com/Knowledge the first several are on accessibility (Window-Eyes and Jaws; using screen readers with 6.x).

With 6 the Silverlight keyboard controls seem to be re-introduced (they were stripped out in the 5.x version when using Silverlight). Regardless, MediaSite records a new slide every few seconds (regardless of when the presenter actually changes slides. I assume this is to capture slide builds/animations, but doesn't take into account rapid fire slide changes.) You can add slide descriptors, but in practical use, the screen reader is going to start reading the slide descriptors while the presenter is talking, making the user pause the video, re-read the page, then start the video up again (and maybe re-wind a bit.)

-Paul