[Athen] Mac Text to speech Software

Berger, Eileen eileen_berger at gse.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 13 11:45:14 PDT 2012

My mac students LOVE ghostreader!
Eileen Berger

-----Original Message-----
From: athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Dell
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:43 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Subject: Re: [Athen] Mac Text to speech Software

The TTS option for Mac works well. I believe that as long as you can highlight text it will read it.
http://www.csuohio.edu/offices/disability/alttext/programs/vo.html
The Speech settings can also be set under the Speech option in System preferences.
I've also heard that Ghost Reader is a good cheap program.
Jeff