[Athen] RE: Speech to Text Program for Netbook/iPad

Wink Harner wink.harner at mesacc.edu
Mon Jun 18 14:46:46 PDT 2012

Liza et al,

Here is a link to the specs required for either an iPad using Dragon for
Apple, or using Dragon on a netbook. I believe that both the processing chip
& the hard drive have to be modified for netbook to work properly for the
Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech engine to work well. The netbook does have a
built-in speech to text capacity, but IMHO, it is neither sufficient or
efficient.

http://www.geardiary.com/2009/11/12/using-dragon-naturallyspeaking-on-a-netb
ook/

It is my humble opinion in this case I believe that Dragon would work better
on the Apple as the speech engine & internal sound card is more
sophisticated in the Apple than it is in a netbook. Also with the iPad, one
can download a free Bluetooth app and use an iPhone as a Bluetooth mic for
the iPad. Pretty slick!

I am a Dragon guru. You can contact me off-line if you need more help.

Wink

Ms. Wink Harner
Project Support
OHS - NU6 119