[Athen] Minimum feature set

James Bailey jbailey at uoregon.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:20:12 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 06:55:05 -0500
From: "Ron Stewart" <ron at ahead.org>
Subject: [Athen] Minimum feature set
To: "'Alternate Media'" <altmedia at htclistserv.htctu.fhda.edu>, "Access
Technology Higher Education Network" <athen-list at u.washington.edu>

Good morning all, I am looking for feedback. In a closed interface (access features built in) what would be the minimum types of functionality you would want to see. For example line by highlighting is a must for me.

Ron Stewart

Ron,

How about operational controls as identical to the stand alone AT as possible. No need to force the user to learn a new set of keystrokes. And if you really want to ice the cake, make the command set end-user selectable i.e. choose JAWS or WindwEyes or NVDA keystrokes.

We this thing support speech to text?

My two pennies.
--
Best regards,