[Athen] Google Docs

CUTLER_ELLEN CUTLER_ELLEN at smc.edu
Thu Oct 11 16:54:30 PDT 2012

Hello,

Google Docs is available to our Santa Monica College campus community. More and more faculty are using Google Docs for sharing instructional resources and facilitating communication among students. Knowing that Google Docs has many accessibility issues, we are working on a policy/process to inform faculty and staff about needing to have accessible instructional resources available in a timely manner so that being asked to convert to another delivery system will not come as a shock.

Are any of you working on campuses using Google Docs? How are you handling the accessibility challenges?

Thanks, Ellen

Ellen Cutler
Santa Monica College
Disabled Student Services/High Tech Training Center
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
310.434-4496
cutler_ellen at smc.edu