[Athen] accessible math help

theoldog at gmail.com theoldog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:59:54 PDT 2012

It's been a while since I've asked for help on the list... mostly only have
time to read, but today I received an email from a colleague asking for
assistance in making Math accessible to TTS applications.

We have noted that the Equation Editor in MS word creates equations that

> are effectively images and thus not accessible for TTS applications.

> Does anyone have an editor or similar tool that can produce TTS compliant

> equations?

Can anyone pass along any helpful advice that I can in turn pass along

tia

d:)

Debi Turner
Assistive Technician, Disability Services
Humber ITAL
Student Success & Engagement
Room A120, Lakeshore Campus
3199 Lake Shore Blvd. W.