[Athen] EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference - Call for Proposals

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:25:56 PDT 2012

Hi All,

EDUCAUSE put out their call for proposals for their Southeast Regional
Conference, being held in Atlanta, GA from May 29-31, 2013.

http://www.educause.edu/southeast-regional-conference

I am on the program committee and encourage you to submit a proposal
regarding accessibility. The theme of the conference is Amp IT Up! and
has three tracks.

1. Evolving the Enterprise
2. Developing IT Leadership Skills
3. Enhancing Learning with Technology

Accessibility and universal design are listed as key topics in two of
the tracks, notably:

* Accessibility of enterprise infrastructure and systems (Evolving the
Enterprise track)
* Promoting accessibility with emerging technologies (Enhancing
Learning with Technology track)
* Universal design for learning (Enhancing Learning with Technology track)

In recent years EDUCAUSE has made an intentional effort to bring
greater awareness to accessibility and I encourage you to help them
further their efforts. If you have never been a part of EDUCAUSE,
think of this more as being an accessibility evangelist rather than
preaching to the choir. Your efforts can make a big impact where we
need to make more inroads.

If you have any questions about the process or would like some help
with it, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Greg

--
Greg Kraus
University IT Accessibility Coordinator