[Athen] Web Accessibility Toolbar and Distance Education

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 10 08:17:36 PDT 2012

Hi Ellen,

Many toolbars will work because they do all of their evaluations
directly in the browser instead of relying on an external site to have
to get around password security. Both of these should work for
Firefox.

The WAVE Toolbar
http://wave.webaim.org/toolbar

Accessibility Evaluation Toolbar
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/accessibility-evaluation-toolb/

For a full-featured Web accessibility evaluator, we use SortSite. It
is a locally run application (Windows only) that will scan any page or
site, including password-protected ones.
http://www.powermapper.com/products/sortsite/

Greg

--
Greg Kraus