[Athen] U of Montana Complaint and a Question

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Tue Sep 25 06:01:08 PDT 2012

In regards to Moodle, I can tell you that the Moodle developers are
actively engaged in addressing the accessibility issues raised in my
report from last year.

http://accessibility.oit.ncsu.edu/reports/moodle-2-1/

I can also tell you they are making significant progress on these
problems. The developers are currently in one of their development
sprints where they make a concentrated effort to address a number of
issues. One of the major issues of this sprint is accessibility. I
expect many of these issues to be resolved by 2.4, and some of the
fixes may be back ported to previous versions of Moodle.

In regards to the specific issues raised in the complaint - chat and
discussion boards - I am currently working with Moodle on some
redesigns for their chat tool. The discussion forums are also
something we are looking at.

Greg

--
Greg Kraus