[Athen] accessibility of InDesign for creating an ebook

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:27:33 PDT 2012

> I understand that it can produce books in an ePub and Kindle
> (mobipocket) format. I haven't heard anything about DAISY.
> Does anyone have any feedback on the accessibility of this
> design platform (InDesign 6).

I do not believe that Adobe (and InDesign specifically) will be
supporting the DAISY format. From conference presentations and blog
posts (and individual conversations), support was focused on the ePub
format. Additionally, with the convergence of ePub and DAISY, I see
Adobe focusing on ePub and Mobipocket as the primary e-book export options.

I have not had the chance to play with InDesign 6 yet. The 5.5 upgrade
did introduce some nice functionality (when it worked), so I am hoping
version 6 brings additional functionality.

Take care,
Sean
--
Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology