[Athen] seeking info: project on making science labs accessible

Jennison Asuncion JAsuncion at dawsoncollege.qc.ca
Fri Aug 9 14:37:26 PDT 2013

Hi,

If anyone can assist the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) with their request, please contact Frank Smith frank.smith at neads.ca directly as he is not part of this e-mail list. I'd appreciate anyone's help with this project.

As per the e-mail below, Frank would like to hear back from folks by/before August 14.

Jennison
Jennison Mark Asuncion
Co-Director, Adaptech Research Network http://www.adaptech.org
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennison
Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jennison
Accessibility Camp Toronto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeP5Kl4GDgA
Subject: COU project on making science labs accessible

Hi Folks:

The National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) is
a charitable, not-for-profit organization. Our mandate is to support
full access to education and employment for post-secondary students
and graduates with disabilities across Canada. We are currently
working on a contract for the Council of Ontario Universities (COU)
on the accessibility of science laboratories. The final product will
include a 5,000 word article and a user-friendly resource on making
science laboratories accessible to students with disabilities.

We are contacting campus disability services providers in Canada and
the United States in order to ask for help. Does your college or
university have any resources or best practices regarding this issue
that you provide to faculty? If so, could you please share them the
information with us? Alternatively, are there staff you could
recommend that we can communicate with in order to conduct a short
interview regarding their experiences and/or knowledge of science
laboratory accessibility for students with disabilities? If you are
able to get back to us by Wednesday, August 14, 2013, it would be
greatly appreciated.

If you are not the proper contact, but know of someone at your school
who could assist us, please send us their contact information, and
feel free to pass along this message.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to
communicate with me or Erica Carson, Program Officer:
erica.carson at neads.ca who is working with me on this project.

Sincerely,

Frank

Frank Smith, National Coordinator
National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS)
Rm. 426 Unicentre, Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6
tel. (613) 380-8065 ext. 201
<http://www.neads.ca/>www.neads.ca

"Supporting access to post-secondary education and employment for students
with disabilities"