[Athen] screen magnifiers for Windows 8

Tim.Sears Tim.Sears at MCCKC.EDU
Mon Aug 12 11:29:25 PDT 2013

All,

I have a student who is using Windows 8 touch screen and I wanted your input and advice about screen magnification. I personally do not have access to a Windows 8 computer, but from what I can see from the Internet it looks like Windows 8 has a fully functionally screen magnifier with full screen, color inversion, keyboard and mouse focus capabilities. The student is in the market to get a screen magnifier but honestly he has not worked with or tried out the Windows 8 version that is built in very much at all.
What are some of the drawbacks of the Windows 8 magnifier.
Is Windows 8 compatible with some of the mainstay screen magnifiers like Magic or ZoomText?
Is there another screen magnifier that I should look into for him besides Magic or ZoomText that is compatible with Windows 8?

Interested in your feedback and expertise. Thanks!