[Athen] screen magnifiers for Windows 8

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:38:32 PDT 2013

You can add a shortcut to the magnifier to the desktop taskbar which makes
it easier to access the option, When I first started with windows 8, it
was a* plexer* locating this option but once found, with an added
shortcut, it becomes more functional. My experience with 8 is the
convoluted process to locate options that are and were easily accessible in
Widnows 7 - I truly cannot understand why microsoft decided to turn their
operating system into a jigsaw puzzle --- sigh of disappointment on my side
of my Window 7 computer screen. I pray this computer lasts forever or
until Microsoft goes back to a user friendly operating system that is NOT
geared toward tablet users.

Nettie's nickel

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Tim.Sears <Tim.Sears at mcckc.edu> wrote:

> All,****

> ** **

> I have a student who is using Windows 8 touch screen and I wanted your

> input and advice about screen magnification. I personally do not have

> access to a Windows 8 computer, but from what I can see from the Internet

> it looks like Windows 8 has a fully functionally screen magnifier with full

> screen, color inversion, keyboard and mouse focus capabilities. The

> student is in the market to get a screen magnifier but honestly he has not

> worked with or tried out the Windows 8 version that is built in very much

> at all. ****

> What are some of the drawbacks of the Windows 8 magnifier. ****

> Is Windows 8 compatible with some of the mainstay screen magnifiers like

> Magic or ZoomText? ****

> Is there another screen magnifier that I should look into for him besides

> Magic or ZoomText that is compatible with Windows 8? ****

> ** **

> Interested in your feedback and expertise. Thanks! ****

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATP