[Athen] Reading PDF on iPad and iPhone with speech

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Mon Jan 21 05:19:05 PST 2013

I have a question from a school about the accessibility of PDF on iPad and
iPhone devices. I've tried reading a PDF using iBooks basically can listen
or not. I haven't found a way to navigate using VoiceOver. I found a PDF
reader called vBook that has voices that you can purchase for $4.99 but
before I spent money, wanted to check in here. I've also downloaded Adobe
Reader for iPad and I see that Digital Editions is also available.

The issue seems to be navigation around a PDF in this ecosystem. Any
thoughts? Comments?

If VoiceOver isn't great, and I see that Adobe Reader or PDF aren't on the
Apple VoiceOver supported/tutorial webpage, is there another solution?

Cheers, Karen