[Athen] FW: FYI-Seeking Request for Proposals: Design and
Development of Website for The ADA Legacy Project
Lissner, L S. (Scott )
lissner.2 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 15 07:11:24 PDT 2013
For more information about the ADA Legacy Project visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ADALegacy or read an article posted by Access Press about the project at http://www.accesspress.org/2013/02/ada-legacy-project-seeks-to-preserve-display-history/
The ADA Legacy Project is pleased to request proposals for the design and development of its website.
The mission of The ADA Legacy Project is to honor the contributions of people with disabilities and their allies by:
* preserving and promoting the history of the disability rights movement;
* celebrating the impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as other related disability rights legislation and accomplishments; and
* creating opportunities for inclusion, access, and equal rights for the future.
The purpose of the website is to help the world understand disability rights as a human rights issue by:
* Preserving our history
* Celebrating our accomplishments
* Educating our future
1. Create a web-based platform to engage and empower the public through:
* Preservation: provide a "one-stop" portal that offers links to existing disability history exhibits, programs, collections, and resources; encourages safe-keeping of individual and organizational material; and involves the community in telling the story of disability history
* Celebration: raise public awareness of various milestones - including the 25th anniversary of passage of the ADA - with links and interactive maps to connect to local activities
* Education: raise awareness of current issues facing people with disabilities and opportunities to create a future where all people are accepted and valued for who and how they are
1. Provide a platform to raise funds to support The ADA Legacy Project
2. Track data sets on website activities to monitor progress, assess the impact, and identify ongoing needs
1. A platform that invites participation from the community
2. A platform that is accessible
3. A platform that offers fresh content on a regular basis
* Phase One: July 2013
* Phase Two: January 2014
* Phase Three: July 2014
* Phase Four: January 2015
Request for Proposals
Web designers and developers are invited to submit proposals, including concepts and budget, to Kristen Vincent. All proposals will be reviewed and considered by the Communications Committee of The ADA Legacy Project. Preference is given to applicants with disabilities.
Contact Kristen Vincent, Coordinator for The ADA Legacy Project, at kristen at adalegacy.com<mailto:kristen at adalegacy.com> or 770/823-4848.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list