[Athen] ALEKS

Catherine M. Stager Kilcommons Catherine.Stager-kilcommons at Colorado.EDU
Fri Mar 15 16:33:26 PDT 2013

Hello All,
Yes, once again the ALEKS accessibility issues are coming under scrutiny here on campus.
At this point we are curious if other institutions have been putting pressure on McGraw-Hill to make the exam more accessible.

Would other folks be interested in collaborating on a multi university campaign of concern, not unlike what we did with Blackboard?

With the support of tools such as Poet and DIAGRAM, is there validity in their argument of saying that they need to wait for MathML to have more browser support and adoption? Should that be the only solution for making this assessment platform accessible?

Thanks for any and all comments,

Cath Stager-Kilcommons
Assistive Technology Lab Coordinator
Disability Services / Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement
N234 Center for Community
University of Colorado Boulder
303-492-4049
http://DisabilityServices.Colorado.edu