[Athen] LaTeX to PDF

Ken Petri petri.1 at osu.edu
Thu May 2 10:25:00 PDT 2013

We supported ReadHear at OSU. It's a solid DAISY reader but it's parsing
engine is exceptionally particular. The last time I tested, it would handle
valid (and only valid) EPUB 2 documents -- so not those EPUB 3 with MathML
in them. Also, it would fail to open EPUB that had been output from many
converted books I had in EPUB 2 format. For instance, anything that I had
converted from MOBI to EPUB using Calibre failed to open in ReadHear. Also
many books I downloaded from Project Gutenburg in EPUB 2 would fail to open.

In the past, I have talked with developers at gh and know that have plans
to support EPUB 3 in the future. I would be interested to know if they have
that support yet. To my knowledge, they don't.

ken

[image: The Ohio State University]
Ken Petri, Program Director
Web Accessibility Center, ADA Coordinator's Office and Office for
Disability Services
102D Pomerene Hall | 1760 Neil Ave. Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1760 Office | 614-218-1499 Mobile | 614-292-4190 Fax
petri.1 at osu.edu wac.osu.edu