[Athen] ALEKS inquiry

OSullivan, Abigail R. osullivana at missouri.edu
Wed May 29 09:02:07 PDT 2013

Hello listers,
Our math department utilizes ALEKS as placement for entering Freshman. We have been doing some internal accessibility and usability testing with the product and have compiled a list of issues. We have discussed this with the math department faculty to make them aware as well.

I am curious if any of our Universities on this list have reached out or sent information to ALEKS corporation or McGraw-Hill to advocate for more accessibility of the product? I know we have discussed on this list but any formal action?

Not sure if it was true-- but I heard they were undergoing a large re-write or update. Didn't know if there was information that someone knew or could share about that as well.

Thanks.

Abbie O'Sullivan
Manager of Computing Sites, Adaptive Technology
and TigerTech Service Desk
University of Missouri Division of IT
Customer Service & Support
N-18 Memorial Union
Columbia, MO 65211
office (573)882-6525
cell (573) 289-1245
osullivana at missouri.edu

Email is not a secure form of communication; confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender of the error and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you.