[Athen] Captioning costs

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Mon Nov 18 11:11:04 PST 2013

Hi Andrea,
We outsource our captioning to 3Play Media. We bulk purchased captioning
hours with them and got a price of $2.20/min which we think it equal or
better to doing the captioning in house. It's also a lot faster than we
could do in house.
We have been very pleased with their service.

We've also used Automatic Sync, but found that their billing and online
account setup couldn't provide us with what we needed for our accounting.
We also like that 3Play Media provides an interactive transcript with the
captions.
Hope that helps.
Best,
Karen
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
*"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”* Tim Berners-Lee