[Athen] Fwd: Announcement: Session Proposals for the Multiple
Perspectives Conference (April 13-14) deadline is January 5, 2015
Lissner, L S. (Scott )
lissner.2 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 29 20:42:12 PST 2014
L. Scott Lissner,
The Ohio State University
ADA Coordinator and 504 Compliance Office
Associate, John Glenn School of Public Affairs
Lecturer, Knowlton School of Architecture, Moritz College of Law & Disability Studies
Board, Center for Disability Empowerment
State HAVA Committee & Columbus Advisory Council on Disability Issues
Past President, AHEAD
(614) 292-6207<tel:(614)%20292-6207>(v); (614) 688-8605<tel:(614)%20688-8605>(tty) (614) 688-3665<tel:(614)%20688-3665>(fax); Http://ada.osu.edu<http://ada.osu.edu/>
154 West 12th, Columbus, Ohio. 43210
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Jones, Robin Ann" <guiness at uic.edu<mailto:guiness at uic.edu>>
Date: December 29, 2014 at 1:33:37 PM EST
To: <GREATLAKES at LISTSERV.UIC.EDU<mailto:GREATLAKES at LISTSERV.UIC.EDU>>
Subject: Announcement: Session Proposals for the Multiple Perspectives Conference (April 13-14) deadline is January 5, 2015
Reply-To: DBTAC - Great Lakes ADA Information <GREATLAKES at LISTSERV.UIC.EDU<mailto:GREATLAKES at LISTSERV.UIC.EDU>>
The following information is forwarded to you by the Great Lakes ADA Center (www.adagreatlakes.org<http://www.adagreatlakes.org>) for your information:
There is still time to submit a session proposal to the Multiple Perspectives Conference<http://ada.osu.edu/conferences/2015Conf/callforproposals2015.html> (April 13-14). I would love to have you join our featured presenters Lennard Davis<http://lennarddavis.com/> & Trix Bruce<http://www.trixbruce.com/> on the program. Concurrent presentations (including those by Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Disability Rights Ohio & the Center for Disability Empowerment) can focus on community, education, employment, recreation, technology, communications, …. Consider a proposal for more information visit http://ada.osu.edu/conferences/2015Conf/callforproposals2015.html
Proposals should be submitted by January 5th as an e-mail attachment (Word, Word Perfect, TXT, or RTF formats) to ADA-OSU at osu.edu<mailto:ADA-OSU at osu.edu> with Multiple Perspectives 2015 in the subject line.
Proposals must include:
1. Name of each presenter with titles, institutions, employers etc. as appropriate
2. Contact information (phone, mailing address, and e-mail) if there is more than one presenter please indicate one individual as the contact and lead presenter.
3. Title of Presentation (12 words or less).
4. Description (700 words or less). Please describe the content, focus and desired outcomes for the presentation using these questions as a guide.
* What is the format of the presentation (Lecture, Panel, Discussion, Performance, Other)?
* Who is the intended audience (educators, employers, businesses, advocates, students, consumers, researchers, or other)?
* How familiar should the audience be with the topic (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?
* What are your three main goals for the presentation?
Please Note: The full conference fees will be waived and lunch provided for presenters of accepted proposals. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list