[Athen] FW: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Program Manager Announcement

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Feb 4 16:43:53 PST 2014

Subject: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Program Manager Announcement

Program Manager

Department of Rehabilitation

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services

Community Recruitment Announcement (February, 2014)

The Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) is recruiting for the Program Manager
for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Section (DHHS). The Program
Manager plans, coordinates, and implements programmatic and administrative
functions to ensure efficient and effective service delivery of vocational
rehabilitation services to consumers who are deaf, hard of hearing, late
deafened and deaf-blind. The DHHS provides specialized technical
consultation and assistance to the Department's Rehabilitation Counselors
for the Deaf and their service delivery teams, supervisors and
administrators and other state entities.

The Program Manager reports to the Deputy Director of the Specialized
Services Division in the DOR. The Program Manager is based in the DOR
Central Office in Sacramento, California. The DOR works in partnership with
consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting
in employment, independent living, and equality for individuals with
disabilities.

Essential information

* The position classification is Program Manager, Deaf Programs with a
monthly base salary range of $5191.00 - $6496.00. American Sign Language
(ASL) fluency is required and a bilingual pay of $100/month is provided.
The description for the Program Manager, Deaf Programs classification is
available at:

<http://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/9791.aspx>
http://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/9791.aspx

* The incumbent will be hired using the Staff Services Manager I (SSM
I) eligible list but will be appointed to the Program Manager
classification. The SSM-I minimum qualifications include three years of
increasingly responsible analytical experience in the fields of management,
personnel, fiscal, planning, program evaluation, or other related analytical
experience. In addition, a college degree is required. While not a
requirement for the SSM I exam, the Program Manager position requires
demonstrated experience and sensitivity in working with persons who are deaf
and hard of hearing pursuant to section 19050.5 of the California Welfare
and Institutions Code.

* Those who are not already working in state government at the SSM I
level must be on the SSM I eligibility list or take the SSM I examination
at:

<https://jobs.ca.gov/Bulletin/Bulletin/Index?examCD=9PB19>
https://jobs.ca.gov/Bulletin/Bulletin/Index?examCD=9PB19

When taking this exam, in the section titled Language Fluency, candidates
fluent in ASL should click the box labeled "American Sign Language, Verbal.
"

* A Training and Development position may be considered for candidates
who need additional training to qualify for appointment to the SSM I
classification.

* Interested candidates must submit a State of California application,
resume and, if applicable, evidence of their SSM I list eligibility. The
state application, along with instructions, is available online at:
<http://jobs.ca.gov/Profile/StateApplication>
http://jobs.ca.gov/Profile/StateApplication

This position will be open until filled; however, the DOR anticipates
screening of candidates to begin March 10, 2014; therefore you are
encouraged to submit your application package before screening commences.
Final hire will be subject to the state's hiring conditions.

Applications are to be submitted to:

Department of Rehabilitation

Specialized Services Division

Attn: Adrian Weatherspoon

721 Capitol Mall

Sacramento CA 95814

Included with this announcement are additional materials related to the
position for review and preparation as follows:

A1: Program Manager Duty Statement

A2: DHHS Fact Sheet

A3: DOR Fact Sheet

A4: SSD Desired Competencies

Questions about the position and announcement may be directed to Elena Gomez
at (916) 558-5483 (V), (916) 514-5666 (Videophone), or
<mailto:egomez at dor.ca.gov> egomez at dor.ca.gov .

<<A1 DHHS Program Manager Duty Statement 1-2014.docx>> <<A2 DHHS Fact
Sheet.rtf>> <<A3 DOR Fact Sheet (RTF).rtf>> <<A4 SSD Desired Competencies
7-2013.docx>>