Re: [Athen] computer science symbols in Word or ?

ron at ahead.org ron at ahead.org
Mon Feb 10 14:25:50 PST 2014

The symbols probably could be found, but there application would probably not be correct since Mathtype is
for Math. We ran into a similar thing with force vector symbols that were not mapped in our custom
system. Since the student was a Physics major we knew it needed to be done so it was added but then was
used in quite a bit of material conversion.

Forgive my ignorance but I have done a fair amount of CS alt format production. Not sure why they would
not be using standard CS flow charting symbology, but you never know why folks do what they do. Another
option would be to creat an image bank in word with fairly simple alt text but that would also be very time
consuming.

Ron Stewart