[Athen] Accessibility Centers

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Thu Jul 3 16:14:52 PDT 2014

Hi -
I have a dream of a statewide or at least a college-wide accessibility
center where:

- faculty can get training on accessible course content creation,
- end user testing of dynamic products and tools can be done,
- and hosting of special projects like Subject area accessibility
studies can be managed.

Our director has asked if there are other centers like this that I know of.
I know of the High Tech Center in California and DO-It at Univ. of WA, but
are there others? How did these and others get started? Who runs them?

Thanks everyone!

Best,

Karen
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
*"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”* Tim Berners-Lee