[Athen] D2L/VoiceOver Incompatibility

Petri, Kenneth petri.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 21 15:34:46 PDT 2014

Michelle,

I would definitely contact D2L directly with any specific issues. They have staff dedicated to accessibility.

OSU runs D2L and I have been involved in helping improve its accessibility over the years. If you can tell me where the student is having issues, I can verify and post an email to the D2L accessibility interest group list – maybe it should be doing more to verify accessibility on VoiceOver?

As Keith mentioned, it is necessary to know if this is VO Mac or on iOS. In my experience, VO on the Mac is not a terribly good screen reader when using complex web applications. On iOS the implementation is much better (though very different, as well).

But in any case, I’m pretty sure the D2L community would be interested in your student’s experience.

Best,
ken

[The Ohio State University]
Ken Petri, Program Director
Web Accessibility Center, ADA Coordinator's Office and Office for Disability Services
102D Pomerene Hall | 1760 Neil Ave. Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1760 Office | 614-218-1499 Mobile | 614-292-4190 Fax
petri.1 at osu.edu<mailto:petri.1 at osu.edu> | wac.osu.edu<http://wac.osu.edu>