[Athen] MathType/MathML questions

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jul 22 08:38:17 PDT 2014

We are getting a lot of requests for math of late, and this has not been our strong point in production. So, we're still in a bit of a learning mode. We've discovered a few things, and need some help.

When converting to MathPage after editing our Word document using MathType, we are finding two problems:

a. We put page number in the header section of word documents as a matter of routine. The page numbers disappear in the finalized document, and we're not sure why.

b. If we have footnotes (we use the footnote function in Word to create them), the output to MathPage fails.

None of us working on conversions (me or my student staff) are "math people," so we are doing some struggling but making our way through. If someone could help us with these two issues, we'd be grateful!

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado