[Athen] Mathworks MATLAB and SIMULINK

Forman, Tracey traceyf at disability.tamu.edu
Sun Jul 27 20:34:31 PDT 2014

Our College of Engineering and General Counsel is seeking Disability Service's feedback about a pending purchase of Mathwork's MATLAB and Simulink software for use in some science, engineering and math courses on our campus. The VPAT came back with a number of areas for each application where accessibility features are not supported for common accessibility tools and functionality.

I found a few articles/posts about how to make Matlab compatible with JAWS using Java Accessibility Bridge, but I've also found posts about problems with accessibility. None of the resources I have come across are more recent than January 2014.

Does anyone on this list have any recent experience with these Mathworks products and their accessibility?

Do any of your campuses use MatLab or Simulink? If so, have you had any issues with accessibility?

--
Tracey Forman
Department of Disability Services