[Athen] Online eBook Accessibility

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:59:33 PDT 2014

Hi Dan et al,

For CourseSmart, for example, the students must purchase additional
technology in order for the "reader" to work and must both purchase an
"accessible version" of the book which is not immediately apparent or
available from the online bookstore, then must telephone customer service
for them to "turn on" the accessibility feature...Otherwise, it's a copy &
paste exercise into something like Balabolka. Does not meet my idea of
"accessible" with top 10 TTS applications. Don't know yet how simple or
complex the others are.

Will keep you all posted as I find out more.