[Athen] Campus Survey of Web Accessibility

James Bailey jbailey at uoregon.edu
Wed May 7 09:24:05 PDT 2014

Hello All,

My university is beginning to look at creating web accessibility policies. The initial committee is interested in creating a survey for campus web developers to get an indicator of awareness, application etc. among the departments. We are a very decentralized organization, so the range of workflows and languages in use varies widely.
If you have done anything like this, could you please share your survey?
Additionally, I would like to direct developers to one or two validators and/or software based evaluators. These will give some producers their first look at their site through the accessibility lens.
I am aware of the basic list of validators out there, but I am interested if anyone has a recommendation for using them in a situation like this.
Thank you in advance and please forgive the cross posts.

James
James Bailey M.S.
Associate Director
Accessible Education Center