[Athen] Adaptive Technology Policies

Lissner, L S. (Scott ) lissner.2 at osu.edu
Fri May 16 12:17:31 PDT 2014

Web design standars?

From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Michele Bromley
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 12:55 PM
To: athen-list at u.washington.edu
Subject: [Athen] Adaptive Technology Policies

Hello all,
My department is in the process of conducting an in-house self-assessment according to CAS standards. One of the technology standards reads: "The [DRC] provides access to policies on technology use that are clear, easy to understand, and available to students."

We are updating both our adaptive technology software and website at this time. Our goal with regard to the website is to list 1) all technology that is available through our office, 2) locations where this technology may be accessed, and 3) online resources for training and use.
My questions are as follows:

* What are your policies on technology use (if you have them)?
* As a follow up, what information do you include on your adaptive technology website?
Thank you for your recommendations!

Michele Joy Bromley
Inclusive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resource Center