[Athen] Captioning Production

Michele Bromley michele.bromley at pdx.edu
Fri May 16 12:37:27 PDT 2014

Hello all,

Up until this point, my department has been providing transcripts to deaf
and hard of hearing students in classes where audiovisual materials are
being presented. We're in the process of developing our own captioning
production system, but we're curious as to how other departments have set
up their own captioning production services.

I know that some schools have working relationships with a video platforms
like Kaltura and third party transcribing/captioning services like Cielo24
or 3Play Media. Are there any other working systems in place?

Thank you for your recommendations!

*Michele Joy Bromley*
Inclusive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resource Center