[Athen] Captioning others web based content

Shawn Foster fosters at sou.edu
Tue May 20 16:30:53 PDT 2014

Hi Jon:

We've found that Amara <http://www.amara.org> has been really helpful as a
tool. Since you're not modifying the original content, permission is less
of an issue. Since it's web-based, too, there's no software costs. We have
student workers doing the captioning, we review it... works pretty slick.

The only downside is that it can't be shown full-screen with the captions.
Best,
Shawn

*Shawn Foster, MA*
Disability Resources Coordinator