[Athen] Captioning others web based content

Turner, Mark mturner at calstate.edu
Tue May 20 17:20:22 PDT 2014

Jon and Shawn,

For what it’s worth, Amara’s support site acknowledges the full-screen limitation you mention and suggests that users instead use the browser’s zoom function to enlarge the page containing the video during playback. While this approach is unquestionably kludgy and no substitute for proper player enlargement while retaining captions, some users maystill find it helpful to leverage this option until a more appropriate solution is implemented. See Can I play a video with subtitles in full-screen mode?<http://support.amara.org/support/articles/129431-can-i-play-a-video-with-subtitles-in-full-screen> for more details.

Amara also offers an Accessibility Roadmap<http://about.amara.org/accessibility/> on their website that may be of interest.

Best,

Mark Turner, M.A.
Associate Director, Accessible Technology Initiative
CSU Office of the Chancellor
(562) 951-4353 voice
(562) 951-4857 fax
mturner at calstate.edu<mailto:mturner at calstate.edu>