[Athen] Online & Distance Learning Compliance

Bossley, Peter A. (Pete) bossley.5 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 20 07:33:06 PST 2014

Ah-I see now.
Our distance education group here at OSU has recently been working on this as well. I am not sure that they track costs involved in doing so, but could maybe ask them for some information.
Since our LMS is fairly accessible, the challenge of course lies in getting buy-in from faculty on making the content they use in their classes accessible. We're still forming strategies around that, some of them are happy to work on doing that and others we have to find other ways to encourage accessibility.
They do have an accessibility strategy that they plan to follow which is fairly well formed. They work closely with the director of our Web Accessibility Center and myself to evaluate tools and systems they are planning to include in their suite of tools for instructors. They have also recently hired an instructional designer with accessibility experience.

[The Ohio State University]
Peter Bossley
OCIO Accessibility Analyst
Office of the Chief Information Officer Enterprise Applications
017 Enarson Classrooms Building, 2009 Millikin Rd, Columbus, OH 43210
(614) 292-8571 Office
bossley.5 at osu.edu<mailto:bossley.5 at osu.edu> ocio.osu.edu<http://ocio.osu.edu/>