[Athen] FW: [BBADMIN-L] deaf/blind student and Bb

Thompson, Rachel rsthompson2 at ua.edu
Wed Oct 1 07:55:09 PDT 2014

Do any of you have ideas regarding ways to help this student?

Rachel

Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology and Accessibility
Center for Instructional Technology
University of Alabama
http://accessibility.ua.edu

On 10/01/14, 9:52 AM, "Bruce Harrison" <harrison at UTM.EDU> wrote:

Question for the group.
We have at least one student who is both deaf and blind.
Has anyone addressed this situation within the context of Blackboard?
For visually impaired we of course have screen readers. You can
close-caption videos as well.
I've seen braille screenreaders as well (
https://www.humanware.com/en-usa/products/blindness/braille_displays) .
Anyone seen other ideas/methods/etc for this type of communication?

Bruce Harrison
UT Martin

Access BBADMIN-L archives and settings:
http://lists.asu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=bbadmin-l