[Athen] cart CONNECTION ISSUES

Shadrick, Megan E MeganShadrick at MissouriState.edu
Fri Oct 17 12:17:22 PDT 2014

Hello All
With students using and connecting with phones, tablets, and watches our wireless isn’t reliable enough to run remote CART services through. We have only been using wireless if there isn’t a hard data port connection in the room. Since the number of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students continues to increase here I am trying to find a solid plan for the future. I am finding a lot of classrooms without extra data ports that students can access. When you add the number of students we have using CART and the number of classrooms without data ports it is starting to become overwhelming. Very long story short adding new data ports into the classrooms as needed isn’t a feasible option. The only other options I can come up with are relocating classes to different rooms or using a CART provider in the room. We are down to 2 local CART providers and we keep their schedules full so this isn’t really an option. I am curious how you are handling this problem on yor campuses?
Thank you!

Megan Shadrick M.S., M.A., COMS
Associate Director, Disability Resource Center—Access Technology Center
Missouri State University
meganshadrick at missouristate.edu<mailto:meganshadrick at missouristate.edu>
http://missouristate.edu/atc