[Athen] Creating and accessible organization chart!

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at nau.edu
Tue Oct 21 08:16:16 PDT 2014

Hi, Susan. The method I used in the past was to create an outline, so that the various levels of the outline corresponded to the nodes and hierarchies in the org chart. It basically turns the org chart on its side and makes it text. And/or use Styles in a list so that you are tagging each level of information: a single H1 for the top node of the chart, H2s for the next level down, and so forth. Remember that charts are generally visual representations of data; just go back to the raw data and work with it in a non-visual modality.

Hope this helps,
Teresa

Teresa Haven, Ph.D.
Accessibility Analyst, Northern Arizona University
Co-Chair, AHEAD Standing Committee on Technology