[Athen] TurnItIn and accessibility?

Adam Lipkin alipkin at brandeis.edu
Fri Oct 31 11:53:00 PDT 2014

Hi, folks --

We're looking at TurnItIn, and I'm a little stunned at their lack of
information about accessibility. An initial search shows pages (like
http://accessibility.psu.edu/turnitin and
http://www.colorado.edu/oit/services/teaching-learning-tools/desire2learn-d2l/help/instructor-support/dropbox/turnitin-accessibility)
that make me more than a little dubious about this product, but I can't
imagine that a product aimed specifically at higher ed hasn't encountered
this before. Anyone have any more info on how accessible TurnItIn is (and
how they've handled requests from customers here)?

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Lipkin
Associate Director for Academic Technology
alipkin at brandeis.edu
781-736-4795
Brandeis University Library and Technology Services
Mailstop 045
Waltham, MA 02454