[Athen] Google Sync

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Sep 5 07:26:54 PDT 2014

I was hoping there was something new out there, but there isn’t. These are not plug-n-play solutions, which I desperately need (don’t have the hours to spend learning how to make it all work), and some of them sync google to outlook, when I need to sync outlook to google. Yes, those are different things. This has become a huge frustration for me. I wish Google and Microsoft would get it together and make it work. We are a Microsoft campus, with Google being pushed on us (docs, drive) and the two REALLY need to work together better.

I guess I’m still stuck doing it manually for now…

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado
303-735-4836

From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Paul E. Paire
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 8:21 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Subject: Re: [Athen] Google Sync

Ron,

You could also try gSyncit (note: I’ve never used it myself) if you need to sync your contacts as well as mail and calendar.

http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/

If you don’t care about contacts then I’d do mail via an IMAP connection and Calendar via one of the mechanism outlined at
http://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2013/11/20/sync-google-calendar-with-outlook/

-Paul