[Athen] Opinion column about TEACH Act and Accessibility

Adam Lipkin alipkin at brandeis.edu
Sat Sep 6 06:20:01 PDT 2014

Reading the link in the article, it's not just ACE -- it's about a dozen
organizations that collectively represent just about every major and minor
US college and university. It also, I'm amazed to see, included Educause.
Really depressing.

--Adam

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Kathleen Cahill <kcahill at mit.edu> wrote:

> Colleagues,

> Saw this article in the Boston Globe by the President of NFB of

> Massachusetts. He writes about the fact that ACE (American Council on

> Education) has been lobbying Congress not to pass the TEACH Act because of

> the burden that regulations around Accessible Instructional Materials would

> put on universities!

> http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/09/05/education-technology-college-lobbyists-are-keeping-disabled-students-behind/jQ8UFe44BeFBumbTTqBzFL/story.html?s_campaign=8315

> Kathy

> Kathleen Cahill

> MIT Assistive Technology Information Center (ATIC)

> 77 Mass. Ave. 7-143

> Cambridge MA 02139

> (617) 253-5111

> kcahill at mit.edu

Adam Lipkin
Associate Director for Academic Technology
alipkin at brandeis.edu
781-736-4795
Brandeis University Library and Technology Services
Mailstop 045
Waltham, MA 02454