[Athen] Opinion column about TEACH Act and Accessibility

Kathleen Cahill kcahill at mit.edu
Sat Sep 6 09:02:50 PDT 2014

Is there anyone on the ATHEN list who is also involved in the EDUCAUSE IT
Accessibility group? Just wondering if EDUCAUSE (or any of these
organizations) sought out expert accessibility advice before formulating
their opposition to the TEACH Act. It¹s starting to sound more and more
like the concerns of these umbrella organizations are about avoiding more
regulation by the government.

Kathy

Kathleen Cahill
MIT Assistive Technology Information Center (ATIC)
77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
Cambridge MA 02139
(617) 253-5111
kcahill at mit.edu