[Athen] Accessible Screen Capture

Schwarte, David M. schwarte at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 21 05:45:49 PDT 2015

Hello Susan,

If the worker is using some flavor of Windows, I would suggest sticking with the screen capture built into Windows (Alt + PrtScn.). Someone may need to do some cropping of the image later. The reason I suggest this is because most screen capture programs also install a video chain driver that may cause problems with the screenreader, unless the person sticks with NVDA. NVDA does not have a video chain driver. For example, Camtasia-Snagit will not work if JAWS is installed prior to Camtasia's installation. At one time I did more screen capture and I knew how different screenreaders interacted with different screen capture programs. Usually the two programs did not interact well.

I hope this helps.
David Schwarte